The Caton Companies has established an annual Scholarship Program, endowed by the Caton family, to support and encourage employees’ children and grandchildren who plan to continue their education in college or vocational training programs.
Applicants to the The Caton Companies Scholarship Program must be:
- Dependent* children or grandchildren of active full-time regular U.S. employees of The Caton Companies who have a minimum of one-year of service as of the application deadline date.
- High school seniors or final year upper secondary school students, high school/upper secondary graduates who plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, or vocational-technical school for the entire upcoming academic year. Graduate, non-full time certificate programs, professional development, or continuing education programs are not eligible.
*Dependent children are defined as natural and legally adopted children or stepchildren living in the employee’s household or primarily supported by the employee.
If selected as a recipient, the student will receive a one-time award ranging from $1,000 to $3,000.
Financial need will not be considered in determining the award or the size of the award. Awards are not renewable. Awards are for undergraduate or post-secondary vocational study only. A student may receive only one (1) award from any scholarship affiliated with The Caton Companies.
Applicants will be notified on or around May 16, 2022. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
Payment of Scholarships
Payments are made in one installment in early August, payable to the student’s account at the institution where the student is registered to attend school. Students who receive an award will complete a Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification).
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, statement of educational and career goals and objectives, and/or recommendations from teachers, employers, community leaders, or others. Applicants will also submit a brief essay on a topic to be determined.
Selection of recipients is made in the sole discretion of a Scholarship Awards Committee to be comprised of employees and Caton family members who have been appointed by the Chief Executive Officer. All applicants agree to accept the decision of the Committee as final.
The Caton Companies reserves the right to review the conditions and procedures of this Scholarship Program and to make changes at any time, including termination of the program.
As part of your application, applicants must upload the following:
- A current, complete transcript of grades (“unofficial” transcript is acceptable). Grade reports are not accepted. Transcripts must display student name, school name, grades and credit hours for each course and term in which each course was taken.
NOTE:If you are providing SAT or ACT test scores, and those scores are not listed on your high school transcript, applicants will need to upload an official copy of those test scores separately.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from teachers, employers, or community leaders.
- Completed Scholarship Application, including brief essay.
All submissions must be received by April 30, 2022, 5:00 pm EST.
An application is not complete unless all required documents are submitted electronically. To apply, students must visit https://www.catoncompanies.com/scholarship.
For questions or general inquiries about The Caton Companies Scholarship Program, please email email@example.com